[Repost from March 17, 2016]
If there is one thing this Irish girl loves, it’s St. Patrick’s Day, and Chicago is one city that knows how it’s done. Here’s a how to guide of how to celebrate St. Patrick’s day in Chicago:
- Book your hotel near the action. I stayed at Double Tree Magnificent Mile which was very convenient to walk to all the attractions.
- Get up early to get a good spot to see the Chicago River dyed green
- Grab a late breakfast at Yoke. Why? Because it’s delicious.
- Make your way to the parade. Be prepared for an insane amount of people wearing green some actually Irish, others claiming to be. Either way it’s a good time!
- Get deep dish pizza for dinner. It’s not Irish, but it is Chicago after all. I recommend Gino’s East or Giordano’s. Be prepared to wait in line- yes, it’s that good.
- Head to your nearest pub for a pint! The best part about the Double Tree was that it was right across the street from Timothy O’Toole’s Pub. Talk about literally stumbling back to your room!