[Repost from April 15, 2016]
To believe that at one point I was not interested in visiting Asia still baffles me, now all I can think about is how I can’t wait to go back! I could write a book of reasons why I am in love with Phuket, but I’ll keep it simple and give you my top 5 reasons:
- It’s a beautiful country – Phi Phi Island and Maya beach are a must see.
- The food is delectable – Pad Thai is a traditional dish that will satisfy your taste buds. Treat yourself to a Thai state fair and simply grab some grilled chicken or crab on a stick from the street grills that are seasoned with exotic spices.
- The nightlife is entertaining – from live bands, to night clubs with Cirque du Soleil style shows there is no shortage of a good time here!
- It is extremely affordable – Here is a breakdown of costs: a very nice hotel including a full breakfast – $70 per day, Full day tour – $40, Pad Thai $2.50. Long story short you can get a good bang for your buck here!
- It’s a great place to make new friends – one of my favorite things about vacation is meeting people from all of the world. And we did – from Australia, to Denmark and of course the locals in Thailand. I never know where I’m going to end up next, but I love knowing I have friends all over the world that I can visit to learn more about their culture.